- A president only tells congress what they should do. Lobbyists tell ’em what they will do.
- Can’t Congress do anything that’s not on a lobbyist’s list? They can, but they never have.
- A lobbyist is a person that is supposed to help a politician make up his mind–not only help him but pay him.
- If we have senators and congressmen in Washington that can’t protect themselves against these lobbyists, we don’t need to change our lobbies, we need to change our representatives.
- If you could just get these lobbyists out of Washington, D.C., it would be as good as almost any city.
Ripped from the headlines…if you lived between 1926 and 1935 when Will Rogers first wrote them. Every time I read the paper I remind myself that we have probably been here before.